Getting Started With RefWorks
Getting Started With RefWorks Online
New to RefWorks? Need a refresher?
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic management software, which is a fancy way of saying a tool that can help you collect and organize your research and automatically format in-text citations and bibliographies. CIIS community members are entitled to a free RefWorks account through the CIIS Library.
We will go over:
- How to sign up for RefWorks
- How to send citations to RefWorks from the Library Catalog and Databases
- Organizing and editing your citations in RefWorks
- Creating copy+paste bibliographies
- Integrating RefWorks into your word processor (ie: Word or Google Docs)
- You will need access to your mymail account. We recommend signing into your mymail email before the workshop begins.
- We recommend participating on a laptop or PC for a streamlined experience.
- We recommend using Chrome or Firefox (Firefox is the preferred browser for Apple computers)
- You may need to accept cookies or disable pop-up blockers for RefWorks functions to work.
For more information see our RefWorks guide.
Not able to make it? Try our interactive RefWorks Tutorial!
Zoom information is provided after registering (see button below).
(Please check your junk/spam/clutter folder for the confirmation email- may be best to check your mymail directly in Outlook rather than if you forward to Gmail, etc.)
This event will not be recorded. If you are unable to attend we are available for one-on-one appointments. Book your appointment here.
For more Library Workshops see our Workshop Calendar.
Related LibGuide: RefWorks Guide by Jen Weiser
- Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.